Fencing of a property whether residential or commercial, not only enhances the look and feel but also adds a sense of security. Now the question is which kind of material one should use? And what are the selection criterions for choosing a type? To make things simpler and for an informed decision, we have tabulated a few things that one can take into consideration while deciding upon a material. The common options these days are wood and metal, so let us see between the two, which is the best and why?
Steel and aluminum fencing
Metal Fencing vs Wood Fencing
1. Availability: In comparison to wood, metal fencing is easily available and has easy installation. In recent times, metal fencing fabrication is being done with the aim of customer satisfaction and ease of use.
2. Longevity or Durability: It goes without saying that wood does not have long life, it requires a lot of maintenance and care to ensure protection from pests and the elements. With custom fencing NY, one can get a treatment done for rust and corrosion before initiating the installation work.
3. Security: Iron fencing definitely wins over wooden fencing when it comes to security. Metal fencing would require an intruder to come equipped with big machinery to break in. More over machinery makes a lot of noise which can attract attention of the people living in the neighborhood, whereas, with wooden fencing security is a matter of concern. Anyone can barge in by simply breaking the fence with a kick or maybe with a use of a simple tool. So, if you are seeking peace of mind, then metal custom fencing fabrication NY wins over all.
4. Strength: Another very important aspect of metal fencing whether steel or iron is, it is stronger than wood. Elements like severe weather conditions, pests or intruders cannot influence them as in case of wooden fencing, which needs to be replaced completely if attacked or damaged by any of these.
5. Cost: It depends on the intention of the owner of a property. If one is looking for long-term cost-effective investment, then metal is a thoughtful choice but for short term investment, one can go for wood. Wood has easy wear and tear and requires a lot of maintenance like occasional painting, termite treatment and others whereas with metal fencing, there’s only one-time investment and maintenance is also too frequent.
6. Appearance: Wood adds richness to a property.Even with all its drawbacks, it wins hands down when compared to metal. But, with Ornamental Steel Fabrication Services NY, this has also been taken care off. We have too many options available for metal fencing and in different types of material as iron and steel. One can get a customised fence, which can have beautiful style, high security, solid and still not too expensive.
7. Biodegradable: Yes, wood fence is environment friendly and biodegradable unlike metal fences. But, when one takes a closer view, it is harsh on the environment as a lot of trees has to be cut for building a wooden fence, so nullifies its biodegradable in the long run. With metal fencing, if there’s a wear and tear, it can be repaired and can stand a longer period of time.
8. Installation: Wood fencing has easy installation, but it does not have a very strong hold on the ground. With new methodology used in fencing fabrication New York, metal fencing comes with ready to install panel, and is quite convenient to use. Further, they are firm and has good hold in the ground.
9. Design Options: Both wood and metal fencing have design options. However, with metal there are no limits and can be moulded and framed in a manner that one has imagined, with wood there’s a limitation and might require a lot of wood logs for craving out the desired design.
10. Dealers and Retailers: With market options growing for metal fencing, online professional dealers are available for metal fencing which gives virtual and offline consultation and makes work easier. Dealers are decreasing in number for wooden fencing as wood is becoming scarce and rare.
Property requires love and care whether it is commercial complex or your beautiful home. It is built with a lot of thought and so, we should consider material, type, purpose and usage of a fence before making the final decision. Though wood does not come any closer to metal but if it is for temporary purpose and you want to build a better fencing, then go for wood. In the meanwhile, you can look for design options, consult a dealer of metal fencing and install a fence which suits your purpose.